So, social media has been around since 2003. But let’s be honest, not too much has changed in the last couple of years. Many organisations get stuck in campaign-mode or get disappointed by the return on social media.
That brings the question: why do organisations fail to implement social media? And, most importantly: the speedboat approach to implement social media within your organisation.
- Make a senior manager horny. (Example: Daniel Termont, Gent’s mayor)
- Small working groups without legacy. (Example: Rabobank)
- Launch new concepts below the company radar. (Example: KLM Surprise)
- Act small and learn from the results. (Example: Il Giglio d’Oro)
- Act with scrum, agile, beta mentality. (Example: The Larrik, London)
- More buy-in from your proof points. (Example: Accenture)
- Propel waves of success. (Examples: Delta, Accenture, KLM)
Curious to hear what you think!